2017.11.26 News Feed November 26 2017
Pedal giveaways, new 2018 models, and NAMM, oh my!!!
Happy kick off to the holiday season everyone! We've kept our heads down this year, working on new designs for 2018. And when I say working, I mean WORKING! We have a grand total of 8...yes, I said 8...new pedals in development for next year. To help REALLY kick off the new year with a BANG, we're going to have a booth at Winter NAMM in January. It will be our first time at NAMM, and we are sooo super excited! Anaheim, here we come! So, back to the pedals...here's a taste of some of the ones coming out...
- The Science Friction was a challenging pedal and really a niche offering, so for 2018 I completely redesigned the circuit. Gone is the drive and tone sections, and they have been replaced with a modulation section making the pedal capable of all kinds of warble-y madness. Additionally, a post delay tremolo has been added, and the tremolo can be used independently of the delay, making this pedal a veritable Swiss army knife. I'm really stoked for you all to try this one!
- The ultimate form of the Mossy Bump fuzz is coming in 2018. It features a four way clipping selector to give you tones of crunchy options, refined gain stages to drive the clipping section differently, and a lot of other goodies and bells and whistles to make this thing a fuzz fan's dream.
- Next up is Launch Code. I can't give you a ton of details on this one, but I can give you a little audio teaser...
- In addition to the 8 new / redesigned pedals, I'm going to bring back the single channel Dirty Old Man. I've refined the design, and I love it so much that I want to get some more on people's pedalboards. It has more gain and compression on tap than the Dirty Old Man 2, and it sings out notes for days. Here's the tweaked version going against my other drive pedals.
- Another piece of exciting news is that we're partnering with the amazing guitarist Stu Weinberg to get some demo videos done for several of our new pedals, starting with two of my old favorites: Psycho Andy Deluxe and Butch.
Last, but not least, I want to say a quick word to everyone that has supported Escape Plan Pedals over the years. This November marks our 5th year in business, and we're so excited to see what the next five bring. To help say thanks, we're giving away a Butch drive pedal. All you have to do to enter is sign up for our newsletter on our homepage. From our family to you and yours, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. We couldn't have done it without you!